Nov 4, 2010

Man on a Mission

Coach has asked me not to publish a post on him but I'm going to do it any way, so just for the record and to keep him happy nothing I say in this post comes from him, they are only my presumptions.
This guy has it tough, as far as coaches go he's young and a lot of people 'out of the know' see this as a negative. He deals with more criticism than most coaches. Both Shaun and I were good athletes before gaining Marcus as our coach and as we continued to perform there are some saying 'give anyone a world class athlete and they'll look good as a coach.' Well Coach is on a mission to show the sceptics he's got what it takes.
Since our return from world champs he has been on his program which he created for Shaun and I and now has his eye on winning the K1 200m at the November squad trial. This will hopefully prove to us all that its his program and methods of coaching and not necessarily the athletes who are getting the results.
Watch out for him at the trial, he's currently weighing in at 92kg matching me pound for pound in the gym and stroke for stroke on the water and on top of all that he has just purchased a pre millennium Lettman kayak. He's looking mean, he's looking fast and he is unbeaten in the 200m Cape sprint series...Nov 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment